Batch process? Rotate 90°, save and close multiple files?

There has to be a better way to do this.

Every year, I take over 1,000 portraits. Each photo has to be rotated 90° counter-clockwise, saved, and closed. It's boring, tedious, and time-wasting.

Is there an easier way to do this? A macro would only be able to rotate and save one picture, correct?

Any suggestions are welcomed!

EDIT:

Gotta love Google. Found a free application called ImBatch that does exactly what I wanted, plus a whole lot more if I ever need it. Very easy to use.

Regardless, if there remains a better or smarter way to manage what I described above, please tell me! THANKS!!!!

• Hi,

Check this one out. Using it for years.

http://www.irfanview.com/

• sumd00d said:
    A macro would only be able to rotate and save one picture, correct?

No, a macro could process all files in a folder, or all files already open, or almost any logical way of defining the files you want to process. But you need to read the microsoft VBA help file to find the instructions for processing files. The Corel help file only covers the Corel specific additions to VBA and you will miss a lot if you do not look at both of them.

But before you spend time writing a macro, have you checked that the camera doesn't have an orientation sensor that could save the files already rotated?

A second idea would be to look at Corel Aftershot Pro, which among many other useful things works direct and non-destructively with camera raw images, lets you edit a sample photo using any of its many features (rotation, exposure, colour balance, contrast etc) and almost instantly copy the same settings to other photos in the folder (individual, a selection or all of them). Its not a pixel editor, so would not help an artist much, but for a photographer its much more useful than photopaint.

• sumd00d said:

There has to be a better way to do this.

Every year, I take over 1,000 portraits. Each photo has to be rotated 90° counter-clockwise, saved, and closed. It's boring, tedious, and time-wasting.

Is there an easier way to do this? A macro would only be able to rotate and save one picture, correct?

Any suggestions are welcomed!

EDIT:

Gotta love Google. Found a free application called ImBatch that does exactly what I wanted, plus a whole lot more if I ever need it. Very easy to use.

Regardless, if there remains a better or smarter way to manage what I described above, please tell me! THANKS!!!!

Not too difficult. A slight mod to the built in file converter. Right before the line that saves the selection, put a line to rotate the selection. This will make a copy of the file. It should be located in the form for the file converter, place a break point near, before the save file part, step through line by line, right before save put ActiveSelection.Rotate 90