X4 Templates

The whole approach of the programming team seems aimed at age around 11 years.  Draw is a complex and sophisticated suite and the programmers should remember that the users are likewise, experienced and sophisticated; simply they are not programmers. The new template system is a complete nightmare to manage.  How the hell does one get rid of a large selection of not wanted templates from "My Templates"  It's wonderful how there are NO instructions in what must be the most often used facility. Come on Corel you can do it a LOT better.  You are not selling this program to kindergartens, kids can't afford it. You are selling to professionals who have used it for years and years. Do you understand that ?

Parents
No Data
  • Toby

I don't understand what kind of management you are looking at. In fact X4 Template management is with an added advantage of useful tagging system for your custom templates which helps in sorting, finding a template. Tags : Name, Sides, folds, Type, Industry and designer notes. I find it more convenient than earlier versions. The only wish I have is to have a Delete button, may be with double confirmation so that no template is deleted by error.

Toby said:
    The new template system is a complete nightmare to manage.  How the hell does one get rid of a large selection of not wanted templates from "My Templates"

It would be better if you could post your wishes here so that Corelians understand the users needs better and try to do it EVEN better.

Toby said:
    Come on Corel you can do it a LOT better.

In fact CorelDRAW is now also used by schooling children. Not the Kindergartern kids for sure but highschool students. The proof is the step taken by Corel Corporation in introducing "Home and student Edition of CDGS X4". Couple of months back, I came across a news somewhere in the blogs that Corel has offered software to then schools in Russia. These children will replace us (the self taught professionals) in future and I am sure will be better than us.

Toby said:
    You are not selling this program to kindergartens, kids can't afford it.

Anand

Children
No Data