Registration problem: Serial number error with online registration

Hi all.

I received my boxed Corel X4 last Monday (bought from Amazon.co.uk). For the time being I am using the 15-day trial version I have downloaded for Corel website.

So I thought it's about time to register the product with Corel and keep using my copy (which has not yet expired). I entered the Serial number and I clicked on 'Connecto to the internet' (or something similar) button. The answer I got back was 'Invalid serial number'. I double and triple checked the serial number only to find out it's correct. I tried to enter the serial number without the dashes, same answer.

Now, the only way to straight this out is to call Corel and try to register the product with their customer support, only I'll have to wait till Monday...

Now, I am sure Amazon does not sell pirated copies and Corel does not give out fake serial numbers when selling boxes to Amazon, but why don't they make a unified serial number registry, so we don't have to keep their customer service busy? I bet Corel Customer Service has more important thinks to do than helping users with entering their serial numbers.

Note: Of course, I could go and try unistalling current version and reinstalling X4 from the DVD I bought, but maybe my serial doesn't work again, so I might have to call Corel Customer Service anyway. And again, if not all serial numbers work with the trial version, Corel should not be offering activation for the trial. They could simply instruct users to unistall the trial and install the software from their CD's or DVD's.

Just been crunky today, that's all...