Freezing Up during Print under Win 7 x64

Problem: Corel is freezing up when I go to print.  It presents the printer dialog, but when I go to click Preferences, it beeps once and does nothing.  A few more clicks include the beep, then silence.  Can't close the printer dialog window, though I can switch to other documents inside Corel.  Can't do anything except terminate the task through Task Manager.

If I immediately start Corel again, I can bring up printer dialog, but clicking Preferences does nothing.  This time, I CAN close the dialog window and close Corel nicely.  Need to reboot to get back to working again.

Background info: have been using Corel for engraving the past 6 years. Tend to keep 5 or 6 documents open at one time for "standard" jobs - about 25MB.  Like to keep computer on 24/7, but above problem forces restart every 1-3 days depending on (if I knew what it depended on, I wouldn't need help now would I?).

Only other time I get freezing is when I print, using <CTRL>-P short cut, occasionally get Program Stopped Working.

Have used most versions since Corel 8 and all have "special features" like this, but hoping someone else has encountered and figured out how to avoid.