Font Navigator "replacement"

I have read in these forums that the Font Navigator is not the font management application of choice.  So, what would one use instead of Font Navigator?

Today, I was working on a small project, and I wanted a "70's" style loopy font.  I have purchased better software, and going through my own learning curves and used Font Navigator for the first time, in fact, the first time I used a font management application.  But, I didn't like it much.  I had to arrow key through all my fonts, one at a time (but at a fast speed) to see if I had anything like what I was imagining, which was actually slower that just creating text and selecting a font dropdown menu to see the rendered fonts!.  The style and artistic filters in the Font Navigator with CD didn't help much.  I selected three runner ups, and printed samples, and - the text was small, only one sided, and print options would produce three single side pages for each font with small text and a small text sample.

I went to the internet, and found just what I was looking for, Funkydori. And, the font itself also has some 13 stylistic sets.

So - is there another font management application others prefer to use, that one can browse several fonts at one time, compare selected fonts, and print out comparisons on paper?  As well as viewing the different style sets of a font together, with better print options?  I can search the web for font managers, but I believe there are a lot of professionals and professional amateurs here with better experience that can make good suggestions.