Why can't I see the nodes when I click on an object?

In earlier versions of CorelDRAW, I could click on a vector shape and see all the nodes. It was easy to click on one, an arrow would show up and I could manipulate the curve easily. Now in X6, I click on the object and the nodes are NOT visible unless I select all of them. Then when I try working on one they all disappear. I have to guess where the other node is or select all again for it to display.

Why does CorelDRAW screw with perfectly good applications and make completely useless and ridiculous changes that only make working with object more difficult and totally frustrating? Come on guys! If something works fine DO NOT CHANGE IT!!!!!! There is a reason they keep the steering wheel in front of the driver and not in the trunk of a car. It works better that way and they DO NOT change that! It would be idiotic to do so, yet some of your changes are in essence comparable to that very thing.

So..... is there ANY way to change this so I can see the nodes as in previous versions or is this another thing I have to clumsily work through? Thanks.