HELP! Looking for creating bleed line shortcuts while exporting as PDF!

I have been using the Contour Tool to create a bleed for Crop-Cut for large format printing. Problem is that this takes WAY too much time with certain files. I have one print to send out right now that is 166 different shapes of all different color to be printed, laminated and then cut..... Is there any quick setting that I can have as a preset to automatically create a bleed of the same color of the object around my CutContour line??

My rip software is Roland VersaWorks and any help is appreciated!!

• Are your "cut" lines on a separate layer? If so what's the name of the layer? I believe this can be done fairly easy with a macro. When I get to work I'll take a shot at it.
  • This will do the trick.Marquee select the shapes that you want bleeds on and turn off your cut layer, set an outline as black or whatever and at whatever thickness you want and just run the macro. It works in X7 but not sure about X6.

JH_outlinecolsameasfill.gms

•  

Assuming that your objects have a solid fills and CutContour is created by the object outlines then you could try to use following macro – contour added to all objects and publish file to PDF with predefined settings (in my case PDF/X-1a with compatibility to AA6 - layers can be used - and fonts converted to curves) to the same directory as cdr file is saved and then contours deleted

Sub AddBleedToObjects()

Dim OS As ShapeRange, s As Shape, outcol As Color, docname As String, docpath As String, bleed#, apl As Layer, CutContour As Layer, os1 As ShapeRange

ActiveDocument.Unit = cdrMillimeter

Set OS = ActivePage.Shapes.FindShapes(Query:="@outline.color='CutContour'")

Set apl = ActiveLayer

ActiveDocument.BeginCommandGroup "BleedAsFill"

bleed = 3 'bleed in mm

OS.Copy

ActiveDocument.ActivePage.CreateLayer ("CutContour")

ActiveDocument.ActivePage.Shapes.All.SetOutlineProperties (0)

Set os1 = ActivePage.Layers("CutContour").PasteEx

os1.ApplyNoFill

apl.Activate

For Each s In OS

Set eff1 = s.CreateContour(cdrContourOutside, bleed, 1, cdrDirectFountainFillBlend, s.Fill.UniformColor, s.Fill.UniformColor, , 0, 0, cdrContourSquareCap, cdrContourCornerMiteredOffsetBevel, 15#)

Next s

docname = ActiveDocument.Name

docpath = ActiveDocument.FilePath

ActiveDocument.PDFSettings.Load "PDF/X-1a AA6 curves" 'your PDF presets when exporting to PDF

ActiveDocument.PublishToPDF docpath & docname & ".pdf"

ActiveDocument.EndCommandGroup

SendKeys ("^(z)")

ActiveDocument.ActivePage.Shapes.All.SetOutlineProperties (CutContour)

End Sub

Sample pdf attached - first page copy of graphic, second page result when macro applied.

Best regards,

Mek

• Which Roland Device are you using?

After lamination how long and wide a piece of vinyl will you print/cut?