unstable

please could anyone give me an answer as to why corel x6 paint is so unstable. every time i go to use it crashes. getting fed up now. Keep having to revert back to Elements which does what you ask of it.

• Hi Lee,

Your copy of Corel PHOTO-PAINT X6. If you could include more specifics in terms of what is happening, then it would be easier trying to nail down what may be the problem.

One thing that I useally do when a program start to misbehave, is to go back to basics.

1. Have you AFTER installing X6, also installed all Updates/Service packs and Hotfixes? Here is the main page for updates and patches http://www.corel.com/corel/pages/index.jsp?pgid=800161
    2. If you have not installed any Service Packs/Updates, then I would suggest to plug in your DVD/Download and Select "REPAIR".
    3. If you have installed everything, then I would suggest uninstaling X6 entirely and then make a full new install.BEWARE!!! You MUST be Signed in to your account on Corel.com/and via your program. If Photo-PAint is crashing, the start CorelDRAW or Connect and see to that the Sign in icon is GREEN. VERY IMPORTANT. Basically CRUCIAL for your so called Install count. As long as you are always Signed In during install and UN-install, then you can install and unstiall without any problems.
    4. The go to Corel.com and download and install all Updtaes/Service packs and hotfixes Corel offer at their site. Currently X6 with latest Update goes under X6.4 and then the hotfix.

If you can provide more information on what you do, exact steps and so forth, then the better

I useally suggest this uninstall and re install due to the fact that we sometimes unknowingly do things to our computers without knowing it. Such as uninstall or install process of various programs. And sometimes that affects other installed programs.