Ridiculously slow redraws

Working with X7 since installing a few months ago.  It has quite a few problems, the worst of which is its horribly slow speed in redrawing objects, assembling them one at a time.  This happens even in the simple case of scrolling one click or zooming in/out.  In searching through these forums, I gather X7 has a history of trouble dealing with anything created with previous version Pantone colors.  I've worked almost exclusively with Pantone colors for 15 years, in the screen printing business.  All of my graphics (thousands of files) were created with previous version Pantone colors. 

Can somebody tell me if this glaring, inexcusable problem with X7 has been fixed, with an update that I've perhaps missed?  (I realize "normal view" instead of enhanced speeds things up, but it makes everything look like it was created in Windows Paint, and I refuse to play along with that stupid downgrade as I try and create decent looking vector graphics.  Please don't suggest I do.)  All I want is for x7 to work as well as version 11.  That's not too much to ask, right?

Corel support had no answers, but told us there didn't seem to be anything wrong with my computer when we gave it all the specs/info.  Interestingly, though, they never once acknowledged that other people have had the same problem I'm having.  They acted completely baffled.  I'm hoping someone in the forums can help.

I spent most of the last 15 years working with the perfectly, immediately responsive version 11.

(Windows 7 - 64, tons of RAM, perfectly good video card  - this is a CorelDraw problem)