Unexplained Noise In Rendered Images

Hi Community,

I've been using Corel PHOTOPAINT for many, many years (CorelDRAW since 2.x) but have just upgraded from X8 to 2018 a few days ago. I do a great deal of photo editing.

My problem is that PHOTOPAINT 2018 appears to be rendering noise into images opened in that app. So far, it's happening with .jpg, .tif, .png and cr2 raws after import. I'm at a loss to fix it.

My monitors are well and truly calibrated, I have ICC profiles installed, I've set rendering intent to perceptual, but no matter what I do, I can't remove the rendered noise.

Here's two comparisons between PHOTOPAINT 2018 and Photoshop CC 2018 - but it could equally be Lightroom, Win10 Photos, or even Gimp.    

If someone could point me to the culprit settings, I'd be hugely grateful!

Parents
No Data
  • Thanks for the files I unfortunately I have to get to work and cannot finish my work on this until later but I did not want you to think I'm ignoring the issue.  This is a significantly noisy image, actually a good example of what I see allot today.

My preliminary tests show exactly what I expected I tested in PaintShop Pro 2019 and Photo-PAINT 2018.  At 25% and 200% zoom, at 25% PSP has a smoother appearance, at 200% both applications show significant digital noise.

I saved the original image and renamed from both application and the display of the resulting newly saved file had no change this is as expected with the TIF file format.

More to come later today gotta go work for a living.

Children
No Data