Unexplained Noise In Rendered Images

Hi Community,

I've been using Corel PHOTOPAINT for many, many years (CorelDRAW since 2.x) but have just upgraded from X8 to 2018 a few days ago. I do a great deal of photo editing.

My problem is that PHOTOPAINT 2018 appears to be rendering noise into images opened in that app. So far, it's happening with .jpg, .tif, .png and cr2 raws after import. I'm at a loss to fix it.

My monitors are well and truly calibrated, I have ICC profiles installed, I've set rendering intent to perceptual, but no matter what I do, I can't remove the rendered noise.

Here's two comparisons between PHOTOPAINT 2018 and Photoshop CC 2018 - but it could equally be Lightroom, Win10 Photos, or even Gimp.    

If someone could point me to the culprit settings, I'd be hugely grateful!

Parents
No Data
  • http://www.graphictechnology.com/noise/

I posted two copies of your image one from PP and one from PSP, files have been unedited except for size and to 24 bit RGB for the  PNG format.

Down load the lnked file it contains a zip file that has a CDR and PDF file created from the CDR file. The file has several studies, I zoomed to 25% in PSP and to 25% in PP with bi linear turned off and PP was much more capable of showing the digital noise in the image.  In PP at 25% I turned on bi linear (I then zoomed out and then back in to 25% to reset the display) the display in PP was much more like your capture in PS and mine in PSP.  With that said PP was still a bit sharpen and better at seeing the digital noise.

Understand this the display does not change how this image will output, on a quality output device this image will output much more like the display in Photo-PAINT with bi linear turned off then how it displays in Photoshop or PaintShop Pro.

Also there has been no change in the Photo-PAINT display since X5 except to make bi linear selectable by the user as an application level control.  So your old images have always been displaying like this. 

Children