The Lasso Mask - what does it do?

The Lasso Mask. Yes, I've read the Help on this but it's pretty thin on description about how it works and no examples. I'm familiar with the other masks (except Magnetic). I've played with it but it doesn't seem to do anything useful. Can anyone explain how/when/why it's used - because I'm baffled?

Parents
No Data
  • Alisa, image editing applications like all applications have features that kind of make them like Swiss Army knives, they do some things very well and do an ok job at some. The lasso mask works fine within its limitations but those limitations usually are only workable within simplistic images and that can be too constraining depending on the expected result. Working with simplistic images it's an ok tool but in retrospect in the day those types of images were more prevalent.

When examining masking features I find the program publishers seem to demonstrate the feature on an easy to use image and that makes it tough. I think that's why you see the quality of work that you see on some web forums.

I want some of  the final images I produce to look as if it had not been edited and others to obviously looked as edited but with near invisible transitions to do that in very complex situations all image editors like Photoshop, Photo-PAINT and Affinity have a few great masking tools and some that lack the edging, transparency and other mask editing capabilities required.

As far as AKVIS goes like I said a learning curve but a nice application, I took the images of 4 different women, 3 sisters and their mom from a breezy spring day. Mask them out, wind blown hair and all then placed them in a garden shot. It was a gift to each of them from the father.

We don't have VAT, I'm not sure what I paid, 69 bucks sound about right, it's what I do for a living so I guess I shouldn't gripe about the cost of the tools.

Children
No Data