2018 & Windows 11 Taskbar Thumbnail Popup??

Hey everyone,

I'm coming from using CorelDraw X4 and am not using CorelDraw 2018 on Windows 11, so I am not sure if this was present in previous versions of Corel after X4.

When I have two or more files open in CorelDraw 2018 and am using another program like Photoshop with Corel in the background, if I want to switch over to CorelDraw quickly by clicking on the Windows Taskbar CorelDraw icon, it forces me to click on a Taskbar Thumbnail in order to bring CorelDraw to be the active program.

I noticed that 2018 uses tabbed files like Photoshop and Illustrator.

When I have multiple files open in either Photoshop or Illustrator, I can just click on their respective Taskbar Icons and it will instantly bring that program to the top and make it the active program on the screen. It does not force me to click on a Thumbnail of one of the open files within that program.

is there a way to disable CorelDraw 2018 forcing me to click on a thumbnail of one of the open files?

It is extremely annoying to have to deal with that when all I want is to bring CorelDraw back to being the active program on the screen like I can do with all the other programs.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

• I too have just migrated my 2018 to Windows 11 and I too dont like the trak bar, not least because its at the bottom of my main monitor and not at the right of my secondary monitor where I always used to have it. Muscle memory is diffcult to retrain.

I find that I no longer use the taskbar, preferring Alt -Tab as that only shows one CDr doc, the last one you were working on.

There are lots of thing not to like about Windows 11, but this is something, with time, that I will get used to. Settings, Control Panel and all the distributed controls is a lot worse than Win7. I Had Control Panel on my main menu as a folder of options, now everything is scattered seemingly everywhere.