Blurring parts of picture with paintbrush of sorts


I'm looking for a way to blur parts of a picture, from a face or license plate to the entire background, with like a paintbrush feature of sorts. Is this possible and can you chose the size of the "paintbrush" and the intensity of the blur? I cannot find any helpful videos on Youtube. Thank you!