Negative contour cut line

I understand the Versaworks spot color for contour cut. I understand the contour button on the program. However, I can not figure how to constrict the cutline so I dont need bleed with artwork. On my other software I can tell it to go -.001 offset for example. This technique also helps with pixelated edges of items.

I tried the Chat or send ticket, but it NEVER works for Corel. Hopefully, you here can point me in the right direction.

Parents
  • The truth is that plotters are never 100% accurate and there will always be slight variances between what the cut path says and what the plotter cuts.  In diecuts, this is magnified by the fact that the actual printed image will NEVER line up perfectly with the cut path in the real world.  Therefore, it is necessary to have at least some amount of bleed on every diecut.  I have been doing printing and diecutting for about 15 years now (maybe more) and in all of that time, there has never once been a situation where the cut lined up to the print with the print perfectly.  It doesn't happen.  Not ever.  This is true regardless of the printer or plotter you use.  I used Roland printers with built in cutters, HP printers with Graphtec plotters, Mutoh and Mimaki printers with Mimaki plotters, you name it.  Even when the print is not removed from Rolands, the cuts, while very close to perfect, are never absolutely perfect and you have to account for that when setting up your file.

In short, this is normal and should be treated as an unavoidable reality of print/cut work flows.

Reply Children
No Data