Objects assets outtside work area dont shhow in multple pages

HI,

There is a difference I noticed, when working  with a multplle pagess document in let say CorelDRAW 2018 , compared to 2021 and 2024.

CDRAW 2018

• Start new document
  • Create 2 - 3 pages
  • Have Page 1 open
  • In Toolbar, create a rectangle in page 1
  • Place the rectangle on the outside of the working area.
  • Place another rectangle inside the working area
  • Go to Page 2 and 3.
  • RESULT: You can see the rectangle on the OUTSIDE work are when looking at all 3 pages.

CDRAW 2021/2024

• Start new document
  • Create 2 - 3 pages
  • Have Page 1 open
  • In Toolbar, create a rectangle in page 1
  • Place the rectangle on the outside of the working area.
  • Place another rectangle inside the working area
  • Go to Page 2 and 3.
  • RESULT: You can NOT SEE the rectangle on the OUTSIDE work are when looking at all 3 pages.

Does anyone know of a setting to be made so that you dont have to place assets, objects, images etcetera on a Master Page/Master Layer?

The whole idea is to always be able to see the assets when outside the working.

Parents
No Data
  • Stefan, Klaus has you steered right.  The only notes I'd add is this while deactivating the keep desktop objects on layer is very similar to the operation that was in 2018 depending on the version that you're running it may be problematic. Versions 2019, 2020, the gold release of 2021 seemed very odd in behavior for those of us who assemble on the desktop. 2021.5 and newer seem to behave better.  I'm on 2024 subscription and it's very stable working on the desktop.  

I may assemble entire sections of a large drawing on the desktop, like a module and place it in the drawing.  When I'm doing multipage files, the desktop is the fastest way to move items between pages. 

Now the keep desktop objects on layer feature has some very good points, when working with maps and technical drawings I see benefits.  With that said the implementation of the features was and still is a bust. Very specifically in that KDOOL mode the desktop objects are not tagged as being on the desktop or moved to the desktop area of the objects docker and tagged as to what page and layer they're on.

My point being is this, is the objects docker an objects docker or is it a guess where the hell the object is docker?

Children
No Data