eBook Publisher images

I need help please, I can't find it anywhere.....I am using ‘Publish to eBook’  in ‘eBook Publisher’ (that comes with Corel WordPerfect) to create EPUB. I noticed that in eReaders when I zoom images ( just a little) they become foggy, not clear & sharp. Then I found that in EPUB dimentions of images have been reduced, e.g. images with Width 1250 pixels are now with Width 728 pixels. Also in EPUB all images have been converted from PNG to GIF. How can I tell the software not to reduce the dimentions of the images, and not to convert the images?   Thanks a lot

Parents
  • WordPerfect has two ways of creating ePub files. Both do reduce the size of images to control the overall size of the eBook.

The eBook Publisher (File > New from Project) resamples the images and converts to GIF to reduce file size.

The Save As method (File > Save as, choose "Epub" as the file format) resamples the image and saves to the original format, resulting in slightly less.

WordPerfect is designed to convert documents which are mainly text to ePub. I'm hopeful this information helps.

Douglas K

Reply Children
No Data