Realistic Vector Illustration (1st Attempt) - Blend technique

Good day fellow CorelDRAW users!

This is my very first vector illustration of Castiel (Misha Collins) from Supernatural. I have been working with CorelDRAW for just over a year. This is also the very first design I have created X7. I am really struggling with the shading of the face. I have used blends (much like CorelDRAW Master Aleksey Oglushevich), except I need a lot of practice! I have powerclipped everything in to the the main objects. Any advice on how to get the blend colours to work and techniques would be great. I have watched every available video for blending techniques, but if anybody can add anything that would be great. The hair isn't so great either, but after struggling with the face for two full days, I was somewhat drained. I am really nervous as this is my first ‘large’ design, so please be kind (yet honest!). (Also, because I created the illustration in company time, it has to have the name on it, so just excuse that.) I would have posted the image, but the file size is far greater than the max upload size, but here's a link to the image:

https://imageshack.com/i/nfseqvbj

Thanking the lovely CorelDRAW Community in advance :)

Lee