Help please: the dockers are now covering up some of the image I'm working on.

This just started happening today. Normally, in Photo-Paint 2017 the image window abuts the toolbar on the left and the dockers on the right. Today when I opened an image its window was so wide that the dockers overlap it. The dockers also cover up the window's vertical scroll bar. So now if I zoom in on the image, not only is it partially covered, but navigating in the window is hampered. I did not change any of the settings, so I don't know why this started happening or how to fix it. I tried resizing the window, but it resizes itself up again if I move it at all, like to view the window behind it. I'm frustrated, does anyone know how to fix this? 

I did check the workspace setting and the desktop mode (what I use) was set to "X6 inspired", which I did not do. My office bought the Graphics Suite in 2017 after Adobe switched to their subscription model. At that time, I set the Photo-Paint workspace to the Adobe-inspired layout with the default Photo-Paint keyboard shortcuts. Today I reset back to the Adobe-like layout which solved the docker/window overlap problem, but all the normal keyboard shortcuts were either changed or just completely gone! Yes, I can reprogram the shortcuts but that is going to be very tedious and time consuming. Your suggestions, insights, or commiseration is welcome.

• I have found a workaround: When I click "Cascade" in the Window menu, the image window(s) shrink enough for me to work on the image. However, I have to manually size the window to be large enough to be practical, so it's not great, but I can work with it.