How Do I Import a fabric swatch and make it a color under the Color Palette

Good Morning. I am new to this site and to Corel.  We are trying to create a color that is a scanned in fabric swatch from a plaid skirt.  We want to create logos with the plaid as a color fill for our catholic school.  How can i convert a scanned image into a importable color to add to the color palette??

Parents
  • Hi,

I wrote about this in a way on my blog, which can be reached via this website as well. Here is the link to the blog. http://    stefanlindblad-english.blogspot.com/2008/12/corel-photo-paint-custom-made-colour.html

Remember that the actual colour of the garment you scanned into your computer looks like one thing in real life and the light surrounding it. Like daylight or a yellow light bulb in your studio/office/home. And the colour will also react according to your scanner colour settings, and the computer screen and colour settings you choose, and so on. In my example on the blog I show how you can scann something, and then from within Corel Photo-Paint (or CorelDRAW edit bitmap), create a colour swatch, colour palette from it. Go via Window>Color Palette> Create Palette from visable.

Reply Children