process color separation and printing

I am struggling to print out CMYK separations.  I am obviously missing a step, but in the print preview, each of the process colors seem to be just grayscale.  I believe there is a way to make them halftone dots, but can't seem to find out how.  I am just doing the artwork for a printer who has the machine to do this type of job if I can only print out the separations...please help!!

Parents
No Data
  • Postscript printer is required for line screens. But, in any case, the preview would not show the screening.

I assume your printer has some sort of film setter or plate machine. These are virtually always driven by a PS RIP, so there should not be a problem. But...has he given you so much as a hint as to what colour management to use? That itself is a whole can of wriggling worms. As far as line screening goes, in all probability he will set the screening to his/her specifications and override anything you set -- but check first!

iamcheese wrote:

I am struggling to print out CMYK separations.  I am obviously missing a step, but in the print preview, each of the process colors seem to be just grayscale.  I believe there is a way to make them halftone dots, but can't seem to find out how.  I am just doing the artwork for a printer who has the machine to do this type of job if I can only print out the separations...please help!!

http://community.coreldraw.com/forums/p/11089/45074.aspx#45074

Children