Convert"text on a path" to a Curv

I created a path and fitted text to that path and everthing looks great.  I now want to convert it to a curve.  When I do so the text tuns into the curve but no longer follows the path.  It is now a straight line.  It seems simple enough but I can't figure it out.  Why doesn't it keep to the path when I convert it to a curve?   If this can't be done is there a way to fit the "curve" text to a path without having to minipulate each letter at a time?    It seems like a simple task and it's driving me nuts.

Thanks

Parents
  • Hi Compu,

I have been trying to reproduce your results and have been unable to do so. I created a path, fitted some text to it and then clicked Ctrl+Q (Convert to Curves). The text was converted to curves and stayed where it was. I could then click on the curve and delete it.

I tried this several times, sometimes leaving the text sitting on the path and other times with the text at a distance from the path (but still fitted to the path) and everything worked fine each time. I am sorry I have not offered any help here, but at least you know it is not a general bug in CorelDraw X4.

Reply Children