Changing Multiple Object Size

This question came up on another forum and I don't think I know how to do this.

Say you have 20  separate circles all the same size (.5 mm X .5mm) on your workspace.

Now, you want to enlarge all those circles to 1.5 X 1.5 mm.

Can this be done simultaneously? Or do they have to be transformed individually?

My mind is a blank.

Parents
No Data
  • If you make CLONES of the original circle, first going to Edit>Clone on the menu then copying the clone object creating multiple clones.

When you change the size of the original, such as adding the text "+1.5" to the right side of the selected objects size text in one of the size fields in the Property tool bar. They will all follow suit. And consequently, Corel treats the size and position fields as line item equations. So you can do ".5"mm +1.5" and the existing size will increase by 1.5. (Using mm in this case) You can also use brackets, and other simple math executions.

Clicking on them individually (after sizing the master object) and pressing Ctrl-R should work too, but is more tedious.

A note: altering any of the cloned objects seems to disconnect that clone from the changes made by the master, but it's still considered a "clone". It will still delete if you delete the original.

Children