Conclusion after some months with X4

Smile Hi All

I made the BigJump from 9 to X4 some months ago , time to say something about, feelings are really mixted

from one side i loved the new interface, how X4 handles PDF was the great thing for me , awesome feature was for me the export for office option (png power :) ) smart guides helped some, but i really miss ver 9 speed

even for dummy files X4 is a big turtle, i have the feeling of "jumping" graphics (like "lag" in games) tested illustrator CS5 in same machine was EXTREMELY SPEEDER ,damn if i didnt have the Unicode fonts issue i d thrown that turtle away... its hard to say that for the software that i do my job from 1991 but ver 9 was the GOLD version -Damn Corel MAKE A FAST and STABLE programm with only a few features

Really dissapointed  blame myself that i didnt started with Mac /illustrator platform...

Parents
No Data
  • pap said:
    even for dummy files X4 is a big turtle,

Yes. I agree it is a bad thing about the newer version.

I could install verion 12 right now and throw twice as many items on the screen. Zooming in and out, and program operation in general would be twice as fast. Same thing with version 9 on an old Windows 98 machine. Why are newer versions slower?

I upgraded to X4 for my shop computer for the macro power. When I had version 12 however I could work faster and with more files.

pap said:
    Really dissapointed  blame myself that i didnt started with Mac /illustrator platform...

What?!? .....Cooo Cooo. Stick out tongue

~John

Children