Imposition for print

Hello,

I have a book of 240 pages, which I need to print in sections of 16pp. But over two sheets - so not just one...  Does anyone know how I can set this to be correctly imposed? I need two sheet with 4 pages up, double sided, one folded within the other so the order of pages is as follows:

Sheet 1  - pp. 1, 16, 8, 9

sheet 2 (back of 1) - pp 15, 2,10, 7

sheet 3 - pp 11, 6, 14, 3

sheet 4 (back of 2) - pp 5, 12, 4, 13

I know that I will have to send the sections separately - I.e. pp 1 - 16 = first section, pp 17 - 32 = second section etc... but how can I see the two sheets, how can I change the page numbers ?  Does anyone know a clever trick how to set this up?

I have tried to choose from presets of layouts - the book is to be prefect bound, but there is not an option for it - or not an obvious one I can see...

Please help.

Many thanks

Lucie

Parents
No Data
  • Hi Lucie

Ariel has suggested a site which may be good and bad as well (in case the file size you need to upload and then download is heavy). I can see from your post that you know well what you want. The only thing you did not try, IMO, is using double sided imposition layout with customized page settings. Few imposition layout presets are in built, however it does not mean that those are the only which you can use. You can try setting your own imposition layout. Try to explore the features on Print preview screen.You will also find options for binding on the property bar.

What I understand is that you are confusing yourself with the actual page numbers in your file and the numbers for pages indicated in an imposition layout. Note that not always the actual page numbers from your file would match with page numbers in an imposition layout. Best example can be a book with few photo pages that do not have numbers printed on it.

Try selecting double sided layout to get two layout templates and try setting pages from 1 to 8 which are actually required for your printing form (i.e. 4 pages front + 4 pages back).

BTW this solution is suggested only on the basis of what I could understand from your post. You may have to play around with the settings depending on your actual requirements. Hope this helps.

Children