Unicode problems

Hello,

I encountered some issues when using Unicode characters.

When I try to insert characters that are not "basic latin" (i.e. codepage Latin I 1252), for example ligatures or symbols that are stored in the Unicode Specials block of a certain font or plainly Roman numbers from the Number Forms block, DRAW X4 displays a rectangle [ ] instead of the character.

1. Open Windows' charmap.exe -> select the font / "non-standard" Unicode character and copy it to the clipboard
2. Paste it to DRAW X4 and choose a) Keep font and formatting or b) Replace font and formatting.

a) means I can get the character displayed in the font I chose when copying from the Windows character map.
b) means I get a rectangle instead of the character.

As you can see in the attached PDF file, DRAW X4 arbitrarily seems to select a certain codepage for the inserted character like Korean 949 or Chinese Traditional 950. Sure, it is possible to convert the character back to codepage 1252, but this leads to a totally different character.
So I cannot apply the desired font on that "rectangle" since all fonts are greyed out. The only font I can use is Arial Unicode MS which of course does not contain the needed ligature or symbol, not to speak that this is not the font I want to use.

Next thing is, in case I selected to keep font and formatting when pasting the character to DRAW X4, the next time I open the document it is also a rectangle just like the character which I chose to paste without keeping font and formatting.

But when I select that rectangle and hover the font list, the font preview fly-out displays the wanted character correctly! I simply cannot select that font since they all are greyed out...

And one more interesting thing to add:
When I look into the textinfo.xml file that is contained in the .cdr file I can find the "bad" character (of course displayed as a rectangle this time since the standard system fonts do not contain every character), copy it to MS Word and select the font of my choice - voilà! The character again is displayed correctly. To me this looks as if CorelDRAW X4 stores the Unicode character in its file format correctly but is unable to handle it.
I see that there are variables that store language scripts of the text, e.g. 1031 for German. The characters that are not correctly displayed are defined as 2052, 3076 (Chinese) and 1042 (Korean).

I understand that when you select a certain codepage DRAW X4 only offers fonts that are compatible. But on the other hand this prevents me to take benefit of the Unicode "universe". Maybe it is possible for future versions to toss away the Latin, Asian etc. scripts scheme and switch to full Unicode support, independent from the selected language?
And a broader Open Type support would be nice, too ;-)

Christopher