PDF files created with X8 open blank

I have scoured this forum and the internet and not been able to find a solution to this problem.

I create a PDF and export it. I can open and view it no problem on my PC (Intel i7, Win10) but when I send it to other persons they open it and get a blank screen. File size is what you would expect for the PDF, it just opens blank.

I have the latest build of X8 and checked that the Regional settings are decimal point (.) as previously suggested.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Parents
No Data
  • The official PDF ISO does have a limit of 14,400 user space units. Going with points being 1/72 of an inch this usually means a 200 x 200 inch limit. So it is considered off limits to write values to the media box bigger than this. CorelDraw and lots of software do this anyway.

Most likely your end users is using Adobe Reader. It views this as an illegal value and just doesn't display anything. Other readers will happily show it. The Windows app Reader will show it. Chrome will show it in a browser window. Sumatra PDF reader will show it. Lots of others will, but not Adobe Reader, which is probably what they are trying.

There is some arcane way to change the user units in a PDF. I am not sure if you can do it in Draw. As the default is 1/72, changing it to 72 would mean the doc is in inches not points and Adobe Reader would show it.

Bottom line, you have to get them to use another reader, scale the drawing down, or figure out the arcane option.
Children