CorelDRAWX5 hangs at large prints (splowow64.exe)

Hi!

I encountered problems with large prints from CorelDRAW X5 and I searched the forum for solutions (and didn't find any just questions with the same basic problem)

Set up:

processor Intel i5

memory 12Gb

Windows Home Premium 64bit

Corel X5 with memory limit patch (description at the end of the post)

Every printer is on the network directly, some with fiery controllers other with their own network cards.

For a demonstration I loaded a print merge with 2000 pages (but it could have been 20 pages with large graphicsm it would have a very similar result), as seen in the first picture. 

When I open the print dialog Corel freezes up (hangs because it's waiting on splwow64.exe) until preflight is finished. If I attempt to modify ANY settings I have a 99% chance to crash the whole application. Depending on spooled file size this may take from 5 minutes to infinity.  (picture in second post)

Naturally if for any reason the preflight needs to be generated again the waiting starts again.

Also sometimes when I initialize printing, it hangs (third post with pic)

And sometimes the preflight is generated incorrectly (as in the first page is printed multiple times and the same amount of pages are missing from the end or other wacky glitches)

So basically is there a way to speed up the preflight generation (as in resolve the splwow64.exe issue or somehow use 100% of the processor since it just using ~35% in my case) ?

or

Is there a way to only manually initiate a preflight after I set up the printing (not starting automatically when I open the print dialog)?

or

Is there a way to start only a partial preflight ? (in most cases a sample of 5-10 pages from the document is enough to set up printing)

P.S. up to this point I managed to solve a lot of the issues because I started out with CorelDraw crashing from generating the print merges or trying to save them - quite far from slow printing.

So the sum up of the solutions up to this point:

Switch from 32bit windows to 64bit.

Add RAM to a minimum of 8GB

Use memory patch on desired applications so the apps can use up to 4Gb of memory instead of 2Gb.

Download patch here: http://ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

Applications (CorelDRW.exe and CorelPP.exe) in C:\Program Files (x86)\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5\Programs\

And now all that stand in the way of fast printing is windows's 32bit-64bit printing translator Smile

Parents
No Data
Reply Children
No Data