Unable to use Home and Student suite for vinyl plotter

Hi all,

Could someone give me advise on the following issue -

I recently purchased Coreldraw Home and Student Suite from my local computer store, on there advice that this would work with a vinyl plotter.

I have since installed the software and it has not worked as it is not compatible with vinyl plotters.

Can someone assist me as the software does not suit its desirable requirement.

Please send me an Email on lisa.mcmaugh@bigpond.com

Thanks

Brian

• The licence for H & S edition specifies it is not to be used for business purposes. I guess that is the problem?

Well, I don't know where you are, but over here (UK) if any supplier sells you something for a specific purpose and it is not suitable for that purpose, then Sale of Goods Act entitles you to a complete refund, pretty much no questions asked. It is slightly more complicated if the buyer is a business rather than an end user, but even to businesses sellers are not legally entitled to misrepresent the goods they are selling.

However, its not something that the other users in this forum can help you with. The rights in your country may be different, so you'd do best to talk to advisers in your own country (citizens advice, trading standards or whatever you have). Maybe even talk to a solicitor (or legal adviser, for people in countries where that means something completely different).

Its probably not something that Corel can help you with either. Corel did not sell you the program, nor did it give the false advice of your seller.

• Brian mac said:
    I recently purchased Coreldraw Home and Student Suite from my local computer store, on there advice that this would work with a vinyl plotter.

HI.

Assuming you are a hobbyist because the title of the product is pretty much self-explanatory as far as monetary gain is concerned. The home and student edition does not include VBA so no add-ons will work. Even the add-ons that come with your machine will not function in that version.

You might be able to run your machine directly as a printer. Some have done it and it depends on the machine itself. Maybe someone can chime in on advice for this.

~John

• It's frustrating to find compatibility issues between the Home and Student suite and a vinyl plotter. Such discrepancies highlight the importance of thorough research and compatibility checks before investing in software or hardware. In this digital age, where technology promises convenience, encountering such hurdles is disheartening. Perhaps exploring alternative software solutions or seeking technical support can alleviate the inconvenience. Automated binary option trading software, however, presents a distinct realm altogether, warranting separate considerations and evaluations. automated binary options trading software