Resampling then saving jpg -- but it reverts to previous size

This happens only occasionally. I have a file open in PP5. I resample the image -- reduce the physical size from, in this case, 53 inches to 8 inches high, and increase resolution from 72 to 300 dpi, with the resulting file size smaller than the original. I save the file, then import into my layout in Coreldraw. The imported file is back to 72 dpi and the physical size is huge. I reopen the file in PP, resample again, and resave under a new file name. Same problem occurs when I import into Draw. Of course, I can physically shrink the file to 3 inches high and the resulting dpi will be 300.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Parents
  • Hi Mike/Andrew,

resampling works fine in X5 for me and has done so in every version I have ever used (version 7 through to X5). After you have resampled the image do you ever look at document properties to see if the image did resample? What I am getting at here is that if you check and it confirms the new (smaller) size then it is extremely unlikely that PP will then undo that resample, or revert back to the saved image when you go to save it.

When you resample I take it you do NOT have the "Maintain Original Size" checkbox ticked?

Best regards,

Reply Children