Applying Clip Mask Brush Setting.

HI, I have a small problem when using the black or white brush to apply on clip masks.  If I choose, Show All on an image to apply a clip mask, then use the black brush to brush away the image,  the brush strokes don't appear to accumulate.  For eg, if I use a 50% black brush on a clip mask twice, you would expect the effect to black out the image in two brush strokes.  But this isn't happening.  Instead, it almost undoes the last brush stroke causing the image to reappear after the previous stroke.  How can i adjust the brush settings so each brush stroke accumulates the effect?

Thanks..  

Parents
No Data
  • There are several things that can affect the transparency of a brush. Are using a custom brush or a preset? What nib are you using? Have you changed any of the brush settings to customize? Is the brush Merge mode set on Normal?

That being said, the first thing I would check would be the number of Dabs. Open the Brush Settings docker and under Dab Attributes, make sure that the Number of Dabs is set at 1.

If you've been playing a lot with custom settings you may need to reset the brush type since any changes you make on the settings docker are remembered even if you change to a different nib. At the top right of the Brush Settings docker, click the tiny right pointing arrow button and from the context menu choose Reset Brush type.

Patti

Children
No Data