template question

Hello,

Hopefully my picture displays properly so I explain my question better. I have a template made which is basically 14 boxes. In each box gets 1 name. The names are all different lengths but the font size is the same. Since there is 100's of names and I don't want to individually center center each name in the box, is there any way to set it up so I can just drag each name to each box and it will automatically center it?

keep in mind I have little experience working with Corel products. if it makes a difference on 1 computer I am running an old Corel 9 from 1999 i think but on another computer I have access to Corel X5 suite.

any input would be appreciated,

thanks

• Thanks for taking the time to answer

unfortunately i don't get a blue center indicator when i drag text into the box

i did figure out if i select the text - shift - select the box i can use arrange -> align and distribute to center it

• Hi You can definitely do this just depends on what you want. this procedure will produce a file of one page for each name you can then impose using the layout tool in print preview to impose on as many sheets as need to print out

1.You will Need x5   2. You will need to know how to set up a print merge. file    3. you will need to know how to use the envelope tool ctrl F7 for docker.
    4.  you will need to know how to use the layout tool in print preview to set up a multiple page imposition.
    1.  create text file of all your names in excel.
    2  prepare a single background page the size you want put your outline box where you want it on the page .
    Start your print merge by placing your field name Lets assume your field header in the text file is NAME in the correct place in your box. NEXT BEFORE you merge the file it will look like this    <name>   apply font size and styles.

3   apply an envelope to the   <name>   then go up to text alignment and  apply center to the enveloped text > now center that in the outline box.   this will constrain all the incoming names in the merge to that area, it will condense all names to the length of the envelope all characters will be condensed to fit the space.

Merge your file to a new document you will now have 100's of pages  I would break the names list up into smaller groups for handling.

Go to Print > print preview use the tools there to put your pages into columns on whatever page size you can print. if you have a pdf printer you could save them that way also.

We generate hundreds of nametags and signs this way every day

Ross Blair