Photo Size help

I have CorelDraw 11. and need help understanding how something works with the File size of Corel Documents?

If I import a photo into CorelDraw and then I go to Bitmaps and then RES Tab. Then in here I make it 2 inch Heigh and 300 DPI and save this as a CorelDraw DOC. the files size is 752 kB.

Now if I re open this same CorelDraw Document and click on the photo and the drag the corner handel in to shrink the photo and save this CorelDraw Document again.

If I check the file size again of the Document it is still 752 kB why is it the same size?

I know it is the same photo in the Document but I did drag the handels and made it smaller so I thought CorelDraw would then make the Document smaller.

If

Parents
  • Not necessarily since the bitmap has not bee re-converted to a bitmap and given a new resolution after converting.  You see, since you left the sample resolution alone it probably increased but the proportion was decreased keeping the balance the same hence the same file size.  Try choosing 'Convert to Bitmap' setting and pick a resolution like 100dpi when the image is smaller then see a different document file size.

Reply Children