X6 memberships and updates?

ok, finally went to install and update X6 via the internet.  what a drag/problem I knew this would be... so here goes.

Installed the intial X6 fine, got email for 90 days tech support etc..I guess it activated and sent serial to my account/corel.  ..went to update to 6.1...seemed to install fine... seemed to see something about getting a STANDARD membership.  So figured..ok...going great... well.... went to install 6.2 and the problem started.

now it says I don't have a level of membership or something?  cannot install 6.2 or the hotfix after.

I will contact customer support when I get a moment, but wondering if anybody knows why this is happening.  such a drag jumping through hoops just to UPDATE my software.  I don't care about the extra MEMBER features...I want the FIXES...which should install if member status is FINE or NOT FINE.

I might just stick with X5 as it is working fine...i.e. doesn't BOMB when UPDATING TEXT of prior version files, new way of powerclip annoyance etc.

Parents Reply Children
  • Stefan Lindblad said:

well, finally got an answer from Corel... obviously the X6 package I purchased from a so-called reputable HIGH POSITIVE FEEDBACK seller obviously scammed me.  Maybe Paypal refund is an option but not counting on it.  all in all the serial in the package wasn't a "corel-generated" serial so no wonder I couldn't do anything.  whatever...done with this friggn mess....

Hello,

Really sorry to hear about this scam.

I wouldnt mind mentioning these scammers on my blog. If you have a link on ebay where you bought it, I wouldnt mind pointing to therir ebay account either. And if you happen to have a photo of the box and so forth, that you can post here, I could use that photo as well. I would then place it on my blogs, the swedish language blog as well as the english language blog..

It would actually be quite interesting to compare a Scammers box with an offical Corel Box

And defintely PayPal should be notified by you. Hope you get your money back. And Yes, scammers in the Piracy market are pro´s many times. Way before internet hit the scene prior to 1997 when more annd more ordinary people got computers at home, piracy of goods have always been there. And NOT only in certain countries. Its a widespred sickness.

Hope you didnt have to pay to much for this box version

Again, this is the reason I am very vary on where I buy stuff.

EDIT: I have know written a blog post about this subject. Not mentioning YOU, but a general text. Read here anyone interested http://canvas.nu/stefanlindblad-blog/?p=752

[/quote]