Default Spot Color Palette

Hello,

I am trying to set up my CorelDraw x6 workspace so that the default spot color palette is set to Pantone solid coated.

I go to:
Tools > Options (or Customization)  > Global > Color
 > set "Default spot color palette" to "PANTONE solid coated"

Unfortunately this seems to be ignored by x6.

Every time i want to change from a CMYK color to Pantone i must do the following:

1) select the object
2) double click the color chip adjacent to the Fill icon in the Status Bar
3) which brings up:

4) from here I select the Palettes tab (if it is not already selected)
5) then select from the Palette drop down menu:
SPOT > PANTONE > PANTONE+ > Solid Coated

This is a very clumsy and inefficient way to work as I must do this EVERY time I want to change from CMYK to Pantone.

Is there any way to get x6 to operate correctly or is there something I am missing?
Thanks

• You are opening palette tree, where do you expect it to put the default spot palette on top for you? If you use Color Docker it will pick up your default spot color palette ( or last used palette, whatever it is ) as it is supposed to do. Whenever palettes tree is shown it will merely indicate what is a default spot palette, it will not change tree hierarchy as it reflects how palettes are organized on disk.

I would also suggest using PANTONE+ Solid Coated library for new designs, the older Solid Coated library is obsolete and does not match current Pantone's swatch books and ink mixing formulas, it is there for compatibility when opening CDR files from older versions. Having said that old PANTONE and new PANTONE+ library are almost identical for most colors.

• Open the menu on your color palette and choose "set as default"