Certain font's do not display below the baseline?

Hello, 

I'm having issues with certain font's not displaying properly below the baseline. Image is below.

The first word is set to 'Artistic Text', second is 'Paragraph Text' and the third is when the font has been converted to curves.

The two fonts used are a paid font - Last Paradise and a free font - Wisdom Script.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to resolve this issue it would be greatly appreciated!

Matthew

Parents
No Data
  • CD has had this issue. I reported it a while back and it was acknowledged. At one point I seem to recall it was fixed.

Output to PDF is also not affected. With the fonts I have, I thought paragraph text allowed the full display of the descenders. Either I am mistaken or it has crept back in.

Part of the problem is that these fonts have the Descender set at or a tad below the baseline. But some fonts, like script fonts with parts of the characters purposefully going outside the l/r bearings and ascender/descender parameters in the font on purpose.

Until Corel makes the display not contingent in the font metrics, there's not a lot one can do other than "fix" the font. I have on a few, but have gotten express permission to do so. And I only did it because even though the PDF output was fine, I needed to visualize the loops during designing.

Mike
Children