Request: Help with a simple macro

Hey guys.

This should be quite simple for you macro masters, but I just can't find the magic words, and I've tried. My initial idea was to run a macro which selects everything in a designated area, then pauses to wait for a /user click/ , in which time I can look down at the Object Information to see how many shapes in that area are selected, and upon the click I would activate the text field to make it ready for me to type in that number. I did get that far, although it only selects the text field and does not make it actually ready for typing. Then I imagined that there is probably a way to program the whole process.

How can I have VBA get that object count, find that text field (in this case its the "Count#" at the top left) and put that number into the field? Here is an image of what I'm talking about:

Here is the current code:

Sub PanelCount()
Dim ss As Shape, x1 As Double, y1 As Double, shift As Long
Set ss = ActivePage.SelectShapesFromRectangle(0, 0, 21, 17.5, True)
ActivePage.Shapes.FindShapes(query:="@height = {18 in} and @width  = {24 in}").RemoveFromSelection
retvall = ActiveDocument.GetUserClick(x1, y1, shift, 10, True, cdrCursorPickOvertarget)
ActivePage.Shapes.FindShapes(query:="@height = {1.028 in} and @width  = {4.39 in}").CreateSelection
End Sub

As you can see, it also selects and then removes the blue rectangles which are my space limit, as the page size must remain 24x18, but I can only use 21x17.5 of that space.

So, how can this be adjusted to use that number of circles found by the SelectShapesFromRectangle and change that text which reads "Count#" to be that number of circles, in this case?

.cdr file here: drive.google.com/open