CorelDRAW X8 is a huge disappointment.

Yay! A bunch of features that are neat but do nothing to expand possibilities.  There is still  no vector feathering which is available in ALL other design packages.   No Interactive fillet/chamer/scallop tools for any shape regardless of whether it has been converted to curves.   Bevel tool still sucks!  But hey we have new ugly icons.   And, we get to pay an extra $100 for the privilege.

Parents
No Data
  • Yes, the lack of new useful features is underwhelming. There are hundreds of amazing macros out there that have could have been added as features.

The biggest missing update is a color replacing tool...like the macros out there.

Same old, same old:

• Find and replace (same as V9)
    • Fit text on a path still not intuitive or as good as old versions
    • Treat as filled still "on" at default install - ridiculous
    • Background page color can't be saved in document settings
    • Pattern fills are not useful (editing, etc)
    • No wireframe button on main toolbar
    • Outline thickness should be a up/down arrow like it used to be (you shouldn't have to type in a value)
    • Using features of open type fonts not intuitive
    • Default outline thickness does not stick when you save default settings - set to "none" and always reverts back to hairline
    • Smart drawing tool still twitchy - doesn't fill where you click
    • Training videos are lame - i can click on all the menus and see what they do...don't need a video to show me that
    • Contour docker could be so much better
    • Export dialog box still so damn clunky - takes forever and erases last color mode used every time, and stuff you need is buried at the bottom of dialog scroll window (transformation)

Been using Corel since version 5 and went from a novice to expert. I am amazed at the lack of truly usable features to make us more productive daily in each new version.

I have tested all new versions of Corel since version 5 and managed to crash them all within 10 minutes using just general feature testing. X8 has NOT crashed on me in a few hours of testing. (Using Windows 10)

Sorry Corel, there is no bang for your buck in this version. The knife tool is the only real valuable feature and maybe the monitor scaling thing but you should automatically do that to keep up with the technology...it doesn't make me more productive. Just saves my eyes from straining.

Children