epilog lasers and X8

Just reporting that there are issues "printing" to my epilog lasers using X8. I have my original files saved as X7 as backups, and printing to the laser from X7 still works flawlessly. However, if I try printing the same file using X8, I have sporadic problems, mostly placement issues. I have tried printing only "selected" objects, and more often than not the object prints way out of scale or in the wrong place. Again, doing the same thing in X7 is perfect. At this point, epilog is open to any changes they need to address, but the difference seems to be in the software. I'll be using X7 with the lasers until I can trust X8, whether it's a printer driver change or coreldraw update. My settings under driver compatibility for both versions of coreldraw are the same. 

Parents
No Data
  • This problem is not unique to epilog. I have a Universal Laser and I am having the same exact problem,  in fact it even happens when I send a selection to a regular brother printer, but It only when I choose "selection" in the "print range" portion of the "print" dialog box.

This problem on my computer has nothing to do with a laser or printer, this is 100% corelDraw.

I think a programmer at Corel baked this feature into Coreldraw 8 thinking it was a good idea to have this be some kind of default. I really hope CorelDraw fixes this on there next update. Printer settings are so unique, whats good for one isn't good for all, thats why this post exists.

it's an extra step now every time I send a job over to my laser, I have to make sure it's positioned properly.

Somehow Corel needs to know that this is not cool.[:'(]

Children