Is your Corel Draw X8 running slow?

I have been running x6 for couple years and no complaints and have been a user since x4. Anyways I bought x8 and was disappointed because my x6 only took 8 seconds to start however the new and improved x8 took 13 seconds(I thought it was supposed to be faster with windows 10 pro).

After much frustration I realized the problem for me was the new font manager, even though I told draw to filter out not installed fonts, it didn't matter, it still searched just didn't show the results. the trick was to F8 the new font program and not only reset to default but also erase database files(do a backup of your fonts just in case, it didn't erase mine but best to be careful). The result was Draw x8 starting up at least the same speed as x6.(better than 13 seconds i guess). Too bad, my main reason for the upgrade was the dark theme and the new font manager among other improvements.(oh, well at least i got a dark theme, lol)

I sure hope that there is a hotfix to address this issue, I have seen numerous posts about corel's faulty new font manager and think that more testing should have been done. which is a shame cause i really like the concept. Maybe they should have stuck with Fontnav but improved the GUI only.

Works great if you have very little fonts, very slow if you have huge libraries.400+installed, 12,000+library

System specs: Asus z170-k, Intel Core i5 6500, Samsung 950 PRO Series M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 SSD, 256GB, 16 gb ddr4 ram 2133, Intel HD 530 integrated graphics