Weird Error Message in X8

I've suddenly been receiving this strange error message when opening a previously saved file. It just started happening, it reads;

"This file originated from another program. You can open and edit it but doing so may discard some of the original information that was in this file"  

All my drawings originate from X8, and I haven't saved the file in any other place but the original folder.  Would it be because I added some macros? Anyone have an idea what is going on? The files do not seem to be altered in any way but I would like to know the reason for this. 

Thanks, Iain

Parents
  • That warning usually comes up when you're using files from Corel Designer inside CorelDRAW. CorelDRAW doesn't have all the same bits that Designer does, so when you open files from there some aspects maybe locked so you can't edit them all (unless you unlock them of course).

Try opening up Object Manager and look if there are any groups with the word (locked) appended to the end of them.
  • I looked Tony, but I haven't used Designer (by choice, I don't know if Draw references this program), I don't see any locked objects. Now, not all the time, I'm getting an alert thats says "This file has been edited by another user, please save using another name or data may be lost" I paraphrased that. There is only me that works on these files and I haven't used another sign in name or another computer to edit these files. I'm beginning to wonder if the macros I have introduced into my system may be causing all of this.

When I went to use my Hatch macro I had a warning message saying there were macros in some of my templates and did I actually want to launch the macro manager. I'm not experienced enough in this side of CorelDraw to know if this is normal behaviour or not.

I cannot find anyway to delete the macros which are currently residing in TennisCanada and the two template files. The option is greyed out. 

Anyway, thank you for your reply.

Iain

Reply Children