How do I cut out unwanted lines, layering?

this is 2 layers, want to remove the hexagons from within the logo.  Looking to create something like the second pic.

Parents
  • I can think of a couple of ways; there are probably more. Suitability may depend on the details of exactly what you want to do.

If the hexagons are all combined into one Curve, then a Trim operation using another shape produces this:

Now, that result is all one curve, so the "SR" has the same outline as all of the honeycomb. That wouldn't be a problem if, as in the example picture you showed, the outline of the "SR" was present in front of this, and with a heavier line weight. You can even have that shape "left behind" (Leave original source object) when it is used for the Trim operation, so it's already in the right location.

If I move that forward in the stacking order and add a heavier line weight, I get this:

Another approach would be to take the "SR" outline and a rectangle, then combine them to make one curve:

Then use that as a PowerClip frame for the honeycomb shape:

That approach doesn't really alter your honeycomb shape the way that the "trim the curve" approach did. So, you're free to edit the "frame" shape (including the "SR"), edit the honeycomb, or change the position of the honeycomb with respect to the frame.

Reply Children