Selecting group of objects

Hi!

I am searching a way to easily add selections. I can hold SHIFT while selecting objects but in fact it DOESN'T ADD selections but only INVERTS it. So if I already have something selected, I hold SHIFT to grow my selection but then selected objects get deselected when I cross-through them with the new selection area. Is there any key to ONLY-ADD selection?

This SHIFT-selecting is soooo.... I have no words. So non-intuitive. Makes selecting numerous objects a nightmare.

Parents Reply
  • However, when trying to add several shapes again by marquee selection and you completely engulf a full shape that was already selected it will then deselect that shape.

I don't think that anything has changed. What you describe is what I am accustomed to seeing.

The normal "selection toggle" behavior is why I wrote some macros to allow "just add to selection" and "just remove from selection". Perhaps I want to add some objects to the active selection. It would be easy to get them with a rectangular marquee, but I can't do that without also getting some other objects that are already in the active selection - and will thus be removed, owing to the normal "selection toggle" behavior.

For "pure add to selection", you might instead think, "Make sure that everything I just specified with the rectangular marquee is included in the active selection - even if some of those objects were already in the active selection.

Children
No Data