Can you specify the length of EACH line segment to create a specific notched shape?

I need to create a shape similar to the outline below, but I need to specify the length of each segment (across 22", up 3", in 2 3/8", up 2.5", in 3/4" up 10" out 22 - (2 3/8" - 3/4) = x).  I can create the first 22" segment, but each consecutive line cannot be specified without affecting the entire object.  Do I have to download sketchup or use Autocad for this?  I'm fairly new to CorelDraw (X8), and may be using the wrong tool.

Thanks in advance!

Parents
  • For some of these types of jobs, it can be easier in CorelDRAW to use the various shaping tools to work on closed shapes, e.g. draw a rectangle, then draw and position another rectangle and use it to "take a bite out of" the original rectangle, or add to it, or "knock a hole" in it.

Trim, Weld, Intersect, Boundary - these are your friends for this sort of task. I find that the Shaping docker works better for me for some stuff than the shaping tools on the Property bar.

I find that the Transformations docker can be easier to use than the Property bar for precisely resizing things.

Object snaps or Alignment to line things up, then Transformations docker to reposition shapes precisely.

Reply Children
No Data