Power Clip issue, looking for a solution

I had a powerclip in an object, when I removed the powerclip it left an X across the object, it also still acts as though it has a power clipped object inside, when I right click on the object it gives the option to remove powerclip, yet the x still remains, any idea how to convert this back to a regular object, the x is showing when i export it out to photoshop... any help is very much appreciated

Thanks!

Parents
No Data
  • Hi agentart001,

If you want to keep the "X" in most PowerClips, to identify them easily, but you need to remove the "X" for the odd ONE and change that PowerClip back to an "object", don't change the Tools preferences but do this insted:-

How to do it:-

1. Drawn another object e.g. a Rectangle - (from here on, if I say rectangle I am referring to the Rectangle you just created).

(If you want to retain the PowerClips outline pens, width, colour and/or fill use:- Edit > Copy Properties From... and copy “to” the Rectangle “from” the power clip).

2. Select the PowerClip then press Shift and click the rectangle to ensure it is selected Last (Avoid "Marque" selecting). So you have both objects selected (and the "Rectangle" was the last thing selected). (NOTE if you select them the wrong way round you will get 2x PowerClip objects with an "X" ! ! LOL -> Edit Undo . . .).

3. Then press [Ctrl] + [L] to combine the objects then, with them still selected press [Ctrl] + [K] to separate the objects.

4. You should now have your "Object" without the "X" and a Rectangle.

5. If required, you can now delete the Rectangle you created to perform this process.

The SHORT EXPLANATION :-

A. Draw a rectangle.

B. Select the PowerClip then press Shift and select the Rectangle too.

C. With both selected Press [Ctrl] + [L] then [Ctrl] + [K].

Done :-)

Children