Corel Drawx8 not opening .cdr files with text in file

Hello,

I will attempt to describe the context of my issue as best as possible and provide as much information in hopes that this can be resolved in an efficient manner.

I am working on a PC running on Windows 10. I installed Corelx8 about 1 month ago. CorelDRAW was working fine for me until the past few days. The issue is that corel currently does not open when attempting to open cdr files. Upon investigating the issue I have come to realize that cdr files that do not contain any text are able to open just fine. Conversely files that contain text do not open. I have attempted to follow many of the CorelDRAW community articles that describe similar issues. Unfortunately following instructions in these articles have not resolved my issue.

Here is a list of articles that I have closely followed but have not resolved my issue:

-community.coreldraw.com/.../coreldraw-x8-windows-10---freeze-on-opening-any-file-or-creating-new-file

In an effort to provide more detail I also have another pc running corelx8 on windows7. Fortunately this pc does function and has allowed me to continue accessing files that I need for my business

Any suggestions on how to solve this issue would be greatly appreciated. I do run my business on corel but issues like this really stop my production.

Franklin