I am actually about to go insane, please help me out.

Former Member
Former Member

Today, I decided to give this program a try, moving from photoshop.

But I want to tear my  hair out  right now. This program has to be the most user unfriendly out of any programs out there.

1) Why can't I draw normally??? I just want to paint, but whenever I draw a stroke, an editing menu appears with the dots in every corner so I can't even draw over the line I drew on

That is absolutely disgusting, why is this even a feature and how the hell do I disable this garbage feature?

2) So I gave up painting after seeing the garbage feature mentioned in 1, so I just drew a rectangular box (to draw comics) and exported it to photoshop. I even set the backgrounds as not transparent and voila, when I exported it THERES NOTHING ON IT WTF??

I've been trying so hard to look a tutorial or anything online but everything is literally garbage. Either the tutorial is fuking 5billion years old or just completely useless telling how to draw circles and *** like what is this garbage?? I even look at the documentation and its garbage.

Please help me out. Thanks in advance.

Parents
No Data
  • First of all, you must understand that both programs (Photoshop and CorelDRAW) are different and works different. CorelDRAW is quite similar to illustrator: vector drawing software. If you want to "paint" you hould use CorelPainter, the best program for digital painting.

1) Why can't I draw normally??? I just want to paint, but whenever I draw a stroke, an editing menu appears with the dots in every corner so I can't even draw over the line I drew on

That is absolutely disgusting, why is this even a feature and how the hell do I disable this garbage feature?

It's supposed that you're using Artistic Media brushes for this purpose, right? the standard drawing tools (freehand, bezier, polyline, etc) are not "brushes"

2) So I gave up painting after seeing the garbage feature mentioned in 1, so I just drew a rectangular box (to draw comics) and exported it to photoshop. I even set the backgrounds as not transparent and voila, when I exported it THERES NOTHING ON IT WTF??

One possible reason is to draw outside the paper. The program simualte a paper sheet over a desktop. You should work inside the paper, not outside. If you have more than one page you can use this area to place objects and move it to another page. But if you export an object is on the desktop area is not exported nor printed (only if you start a new document, one page, since all objects are still on the same layer).

If you want to create a drawing like this

https://community.coreldraw.com/show/community_galleries_abc_/m/ariel/230265

the first step is to learn how the program works, On the same way, if you try to create a book or magazine on Photoshop. and you don't know how it works, you can believe that it's a garbage... some basic features for create a magazine simply doesn't exist ... and it's logical, since Photoshop works different. 

Children