Got a question, how to draw a line (polyline) with arrow and borders around it.

So like the title says, I have a problem that I tries to solve already for weeks. I want to paint a line or multiple lines connected with each others, add to them a border. The line at the end should have an arrow as well with border. I try to find a easy solution not a way to create a border over the arrow pixel by pixel by myself.

Parents
No Data
  • Hello.

I would suggest this sequence if you want all the arrows to have one colour and the border to have one colour:

1. Draw all the lines with arrow tips using the freehand tool or the pen tool using the line thickness of the INSIDE arrow you want (i.e. before the border).

2. Once you have all the lines drawn,use CONVERT OUTLINE TO OBJECT (keyboard shortcut is ctrl+shift+q or it is under ARRANGE menu. They will become curves with a fill.

3. Now you need to WELD all of these curves together. You need to select them all.
    (Tip: Open the SHAPING docker first - ARRANGE then SHAPING and SHAPING again).
    Choose the WELD option and click on one of the selected objects. If you use the wireframe view you will see the difference when they've welded.

4. Now add a new outline to the welded objects (they will be one curve at this point) and make it the thickness you want. This is your border around everything.

5. You can then use the CONVERT OUTLINE TO OBJECT option again to create separate fill objects.

6. If you need to tidy the wireframes, the easiest is to use the SMART FILL tool and fill the borders again, then delete the border you created in step 4 above.

If you want to keep each arrow a separate colour, then do the same above but don't weld them together. The wireframes will be a lot more messy, and I'm used to having tidy wireframes for engraving purposes. For printing it won't make a difference.

Hope this solves your problem?

Regards,

Pierre

Trophy Junction

Children
No Data