Grievances with Corel Draw as a person working with a laser - joining nodes (weld vertices in other apps) and constant lags

I guess I can finally give up

1. Constant lags - managed to reduce them slightly with settings the default printer to a different one than the one on the network. No other solutions going around drivers and etc didn't work. Still super slow and makes our life hell.

2. You just effing can't join automatically two neighboring nodes (example : selecting hundreds of nodes and it automatically joins them if they're close enough based on the distance... like any reasonable CAD/2D vector program can do since the beginning of 90s) *on non-closed shapes (means shapes that should not be closed, but it would be great if neighboring nodes would be fused) - if a client comes in with a complicated line network that should be cut on the laser the goddamn laser jumps from line to line because the lines are not connected and broken into single segments, and cutting takes about 5x or more times longer wasting time for the client and for me

how do the creators/developers/ of Corel Draw even live with themselves? I'd be so ashamed I wouldn't even show my face in the public.

• There are many ways to close open curves. I don't know what specific shapes or file you are dealing with, but there are tools like "Join Curves" docker, "Close Curve" button, "Extend curve to close" button, "Join two nodes" button, etc. which appear at different times in the Status bar, depending on what you have selected and which tool you have active.

A simple macro could also cycle through all the shapes and if a curve is open, then close each one. Here is an existing macro which may do what you want: https://www.oberonplace.com/vba/drawmacros/curveeffectssh.htm

I'd imagine the creators/developers of CorelDRAW live with themselves just fine due to happy users of the software, such as myself. I've been using X7 to laser cut for 3 years, and I adore DRAW.

• select virtual segment delete tool

hold shift

encircle nodes on a curve

You can join nodes in this mode