Large Format Printing

Hi all.

I'm relatively new to large format printing and I got a new project for a 6m x 1m banner. I've been trying to export the design to my RIP program but I can't find a format that works with the size. Normally I use a PDF or EPS, but for this size, they just don't want to work... I read somewhere about designing in a smaller size and enlarging the design in my RIP program but I'm not really sure of the theory behind it. Any advice?

Parents
  • I print to wide format HP printers on a daily basis running though my Fiery XF rip software.  This is what I do for large banners.  Design in Corel Draw at full size, choose export to my desktop.  When the box opens for export to jpeg, I make sure CMYK is selected and quality is set to 80%. then export.  Then I import it to my rip software and resize it in the rip software back to the original size.  As an example your size being a 6M x 1M for me would be 236.22 x 39.37 in inches.  When I import to Fiery XP the size is imported at 80% the original size as 100.00 x 16.670 inches.  I then resize it to the original  of  236.22 x 39.37.  Then I print it.  Sounds like a lot of work but it only takes a few clicks to accomplish.  I understand your system may be totally different than mine but this is what works for me great!

Reply Children